Blazin Pistachios.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
Made these quite a few times.

Will get pics this weekend.

Small batch

1 T butter
3 T pickling liquid from a jar of pickled jalapenos
3 T green Tabasco sauce (jalapeno)
1 t Worcestershire sauce
1/2 t salt
2 C unshelled pistachio nuts

Bring your smoker to it's appropriate cooking temp.
In a skillet, melt the butter with the pickling liquid, Tabasco and Worcestershire sauces, and salt. Stir in the pistachios and coat well.
Transfer the pistachios to a shallow, nonreactive, smokeproof dish or piece of heavy-duty foil molded into a small tray.
Place the nuts in the smoker and cook until dried and fairly crisp, about 50 to 60 minutes at a temperature of 225 degrees Farenheit to 250 degrees Farenheit.
Transfer the nuts to absorbent paper to cool. Serve them immediately or keep in covered jar for several days.

Large batch.

INGREDIENTS

• 1 cup Green Tabasco
  • 1 cup pickled jalapeno juice
  • 5 tablespoons of butter
  • 1 and 1/2 tablespoons of salt or your favorite rub
  • 1/3 cup Worcestershire Sauce
  • 3 lbs of Pistachios

PREPARATION AND COOKING

1. Start your smoker/grill adjusting set point temperature to 225 degrees.
  2. In a large mixing bowl, melt butter and combine with all of the ingredients except for the pistachios. Stir until mixed well.
  3. Add the pistachios to the bowl and mix well, until all of the pistachios are thoroughly coated.
  4. Place the coated pistachios is a long foil pan and verify that your set point temperature has been reached.
  5. Smoke at 225 degrees for 2 hours, rotating foil pan at the 1 hour mark, top to bottom and front to back.
  6. If necessary, smoke at 200 for an additional hour until pistachios are dry.
  7. Enjoy!

Sounds awesome to me! We love pistachios & heat!
I’d probably have to make a double batch!
Al

I didnt want to go to one of the big box places today, went to winn dixie and publix, no larger bags.

Made a small batch today.

IMG_4249.JPG

IMG_4252.JPG

Got the kettle going and vented down to 263*
IMG_4250.JPG

IMG_4254.JPG

Take spatula out and toss em around in the pan a few times.

Done. Now let em cool down.
IMG_4255.JPG

Those look great . Did some almonds with the Everglades cactus dust last week .
Came out good , but not a good bind with the seasoning .
So looking for a fix , and I think I found it .
Try this method for round 2 today .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky