Blackened Rockfish...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
YUMMM YUMMMMMM

Just wrote down the things I need to pick up for the street corn... Just had fish (catfish) last night... So gotta figure something else out to have with it...

Reactions: Gonna Smoke
Man thats a great looking meal. Love all the colors and I'm sure the taste was out of this world. But wheres the princess praying over it?

Jim

Man thats a great looking meal. Love all the colors and I'm sure the taste was out of this world. But wheres the princess praying over it?

Jim
Thanks Jim...
20240423_180303[1].jpg

Wow Charles, that meal is on another level for sure. Light and fresh with so many flavors. Nice work for sure.
Thanks Eric. Yes it does cover a variety of flavors, but if the grandgirls weren't here eating, I'd step up the heat a little...😉

Reactions: SmokinEdge
That's a great looking plate Charles . Nice work bud .
can't hardly wait for our local corn to come in.
When I lived in St. Louis county , the neighbor 2 houses down had a farm still in town .
I'd be out cutting grass , and she'd stop and say " Going to Dad's , want some corn ? "
Hell yeah ! From stalk to my table in under 3 hours . Delivered ! Stuff was so good . I miss those days .

That's a great looking plate Charles . Nice work bud .

When I lived in St. Louis county , the neighbor 2 houses down had a farm still in town .
I'd be out cutting grass , and she'd stop and say " Going to Dad's , want some corn ? "
Hell yeah ! From stalk to my table in under 3 hours . Delivered ! Stuff was so good . I miss those days .
Rich, I had a friend who planted a large garden every year and it included about 2 acres of sweet corn. Ambrosia to be exact because he said it was the sweetest. The size is a little misleading because he planted his rows far enough apart to drive his 4-wheeler in between them. He pulled a wagon and we'd go down the rows him picking one side and me the other and putting the ears in the wagon. We immediately shucked and blanched it to "lock in the sweetness", as he would say. Then straight home to the freezer and of course some fresh for supper. He was insistent about doing all of this at the exact right time to insure the best tasting corn. Don't really know if it made a big difference, but it sure was good corn. He kept me and several others stocked up with corn and other veggies that he grew in great abundance. He's gone now and I miss those days...

Never had blackened fish, but that sure looks great! And you're right, can't beat fresh corn!

Ryan

I like it... Very good... Some things I will change next time...

Cut back on lemon zest and/or juice ...
Cut back on mayo a little bit...
Will try the Italian Parsley next time instead of the cilantro ...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky