Blackened Filet On The Griddle !!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Rafter H BBQ

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 18, 2013
S.E. Idaho
Hey all, felt like a steak last night & we had been given a couple filets. Wanted to try something different I hadn't had in a while, so figured I'd do the steak blackened on the griddle !

Seasoned the steak with blackened seasoning & put in a ziplock bag for 4 hrs.

Wiped the griddle down with a bit of veggie oil, cranked it on high & tossed on the steak.

Cooked to IT of 130* then pulled & rested a few... Final IT after rest was 134*

Plated pics with scalloped taters, beans & mandarin oranges.

Was a tasty quick meal, thanks for lookin all !

Since I started doing our steaks blackened, I have not done one any other way since.

For us the flavor is spot on for our taste.

Yours look incredible & point worthy for sure!

Al

Justin that whole plate looks great. Points for the meal

Richie

icon14.gif

Wow Justin. That meal looks great. Perfect cooked steak. I only tried blacken once and love it.

My kind of Meal, love Blackened   Nice job Looks perfect  
points1.png

Gary

What a great idea! I haven't had blackened steak in years. Points to Justin for inspiring me.

Disco

Since I started doing our steaks blackened, I have not done one any other way since.
For us the flavor is spot on for our taste.
Yours look incredible & point worthy for sure!

Al

Thanks Al, the blackened taste is awesome ! Really appreciate the nice words & point !

Wow Justin. That meal looks great. Perfect cooked steak. I only tried blacken once and love it.

Thanks Adam, I'm really liking these blackened steaks. Appreciate the point !

My kind of Meal, love Blackened   Nice job Looks perfect  :points1:

Gary

Thanks Gary, blackened is becoming my go to on steaks. Thanks for dropping a line & the point !

What a great idea! I haven't had blackened steak in years. Points to Justin for inspiring me.

Disco

Thanks Disco, I'm really liking these blackened steaks lately ! Appreciate the point too !

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky