Bison Ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

baldwin smoky

Original poster
Jul 30, 2005
Baldwin City, Kansas
Anyone out there smoked any Buffalo ribs, just got a couple of slabs of freeeeesh (butchered yesterday) ribs and am excited about slow smoking them. Really need some pointers. Thanks to all of you on this forum, I'm really learning a lot of great smoking advice.

Baldwin Smoky

Well Baldwin Smoky all I can say is "I'm jealous!!†Itâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s been sooo looong since Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]ve had some fresh buffler meat!! Just keep in mind the bison is a whole lot leaner that beef.

Let us know what you end up doing and how they turned out!!
Happy smoking

NOT GOOD!
Used a recipe I got from the Bison ranch for cooking ribs...
Brined them overnight in a weak salt, worchester, red wine, spices mixture, put them on roasting rack in 325 oven for 30 minutes, then 305 for another 30 minutes, pulled them out double wrapped in foil for 3 hours then put in my smoker at 250 for an hour. ....Great taste with the homemade rub I had on them but the only thing you could chew was the BONE, guess I had better stick with pork, foul and cow.

Baldwin, sorry to hear the ribs didn't turn out the way we hoped for. I'm thinking "low and slow" might have been the way to go.

dude,
maybe you should smoke at 225 f --to get smoke on meat-for 3 hrs

THEN foil and put in oven at 275/300 till done...
you might want to brush with apple juice --before you foil
tongue.gif

Baldwin Smoky;894]NOT GOOD!
Used a recipe I got from the Bison ranch for cooking ribs...
Brined them overnight in a weak salt, worchester, red wine, spices mixture, put them on roasting rack in 325 oven for 30 minutes, then 305 for another 30 minutes, pulled them out double wrapped in foil for 3 hours then put in my smoker at 250 for an hour. ....Great taste with the homemade rub I had on them but the only thing you could chew was the BONE, guess I had better stick with pork, foul and cow.[/quote]

I agree with Larry on this one. Why did you start in the oven and then foil and put in the smoker? Did you get any smoke flavor?

Baldwin Smoky -

Well that's how we learn eh? I wouldn't recommend ribs at 325 they cook to fast and get tough and dry to fast.

Like the man said ... Low ~ and slow ~

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky