Birthday Ribeyes

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

OldSmoke

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 5, 2020
Oregon
She said, “Why don’t you smoke something?”, which was a clever way of getting me to cook my own birthday dinner. I had picked up a package of smallish ribeyes a while back, vacuum packed them, and put them in the freezer. Ok, I’m on it!

93F89EF1-5DC8-4934-A430-2A382EDE1350.jpeg
I dry brined them with sea salt for three hours, then hit them with Carnivore Black for four hours uncovered in the refrigerator. Then into the smoker at 220 over hickory until, they hit 115. I pulled and wrapped them and let them rest for fifteen minutes. I had the grill running full blast and reverse seared them two minutes per side with a finished internal temp of 140. Mrs Smoke prefers medium. I wrapped them again untill the spuds were done and served them up with salads. We had a bottle of Buena Vista Brut and it was a really, really great meal. We have had a bit of spring weather after the snow, so we dinned on the patio. It is still chilly, but we just have to be outside.

She made a Key Lime pie to finish up the evening with. She gave me new steak knives for a birthday present. She’s way out of my league!

Looks delicious. Don't we all cook our own birthday meals? It makes for a good day and you know it will be better than going out. Happy birthday bud!

Happy birtday OldSmoke
"which was a clever way of getting me to cook my own birthday dinner " she's not a stupid person. Sounds like you had a great birthday with fine food and fine company
David

Nice looking steaks! Sounds like you had a wonderful meal and a great day! Happy birthday!

Ryan

Oh Yeah!!
Nothing beats a Ribeye!!! IMHO
Don't eat that all in one place. LOL
Like.

Bear

Steak looks great! But you teasing us with the pie.......! I want pics of the pie! :emoji_laughing: Oh, And happy birthday!
Jim

Thank you everyone for the likes and happy birthdays!

The steaks were really good. The Carnivore Black really tastes great on ribeyes.

The key lime pie is/was amazing. Sorry, no pictures, we ate the evidence. I love pie. My rhubarb plant is peeking out of the ground, I can’t wait for a rhubarb pie!

Thank you everyone for the likes and happy birthdays!

The steaks were really good. The Carnivore Black really tastes great on ribeyes.

The key lime pie is/was amazing. Sorry, no pictures, we ate the evidence. I love pie. My rhubarb plant is peeking out of the ground, I can’t wait for a rhubarb pie!

I always say Mrs Bear's "Raspberry Chiffon Pie" is my all-time favorite pie, but if I could get her to make me a "Strawberry Rhubarb Pie" it could very well compete for My All-time Favorite!!!

Bear

Strawberry Rhubarb Pie

That’s the one! I use Hood strawberries from Oregon. So sweet and rich. I was terrible picking them as a kid. I ate all my profits. The row boss wasn’t too happy either...

That’s the one! I use Hood strawberries from Oregon. So sweet and rich. I was terrible picking them as a kid. I ate all my profits. The row boss wasn’t too happy either...

LOL---I know all about that "picking" thing:
My Dad used to take us 3 oldest kids berry picking for "Wineberries".
My brother was 4 years older than me & my Sister was 6 years older than me.
I was 6 the first time I went. My Brother picked about 3/4 of a bucket, My Sister picked about Half a bucket. And I got a Belly-ache.

Bear

Reactions: OldSmoke
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky