Birthday Frogmore Stew

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Gonna Smoke

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 19, 2018
South Carolina
So today is my wife's birthday, we won't discuss her age, and we've been together for over 40 years, almost 39 of that married. Yes, I've been putting up with her for that long...:emoji_laughing:. Anyway, she loves the stuff as well as crab legs, so here's her birthday dinner...

The fixins...
thumbnail (12).jpg
thumbnail.jpg

And here it is all is cooked. Time to eat...
thumbnail (1).jpg

I've already posted a thread about how I cook it, https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/frogmore-stew.306684/, so no need to travel that road again. The crab legs were a simple steam. Had the family over as well as her birthday "present" which is our next to youngest granddaughter. Her birthday is tomorrow, the day after Nana's, and she'll be 5. She loves crab legs, too.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to two of my dearest girls. I LOVE YOU FOREVER with all my heart...

That looks like a meal for a Queen and Princess! Nice...JJ

Reactions: Gonna Smoke
Looks good
Food looks delicious bud. Happy birthday to the girls!
A big Happy Birthday to both of these ladies--and I'm guessing it was!!
That meal looks delicious. I'd sure enjoy digging into that.
Gary
Looks great!! Happy birthday to your special ladies.
Nice meal and hope both days and birthdays went well.
Happy Birthday Ladies

David
That looks so good! Wife must of been happy. I doing seafood this weekend but probably skip the crab. Just can't pay that price!
Brian, I was fortunate in that I had a couple of pounds of the crab legs in my freezer from a few months ago when they were REALLY on sale for $7.99/lb. I only had to buy a couple more pounds to make sure that I had enough for the crowd and they were "on sale" for $14.99/lb, regularly $19.99/lb. Definitely can't do that very often...
Great looking Birthday meal!
That looks like a meal for a Queen and Princess! Nice...JJ
Looks delicious!
Happy birthday to the girls!
Al
That meal looks delicious! Happy birthday to your girls.
Awesome meal there nothing like a frogmore stew and crab legs on the side wow.

Warren
Happiest of birthday to the ladies and kudos to you for making them a meal they love. Excellent job!!

Robert
Thank you all so much for the kind words, they really do mean a lot to me. Tonight, we're taking our 5 year old granddaughter out for pizza for her birthday which is today.

Just for the record, I'm surrounded by girls. My wife, her mother, our daughter, and 4 granddaughters. And then there's Lucy, my girl dog. That pest in my avatar who has all 4 paws firmly planted on my heart and currently has her head on my foot. It's hard sometime, but I try my best to keep them all happy.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky