Birthday cook

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JLeonard

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Apr 17, 2020
Southaven, MS
Well today completed another trip around the sun for me. 56 of them in total so far. Hopefully I got a few more left in me. My oldest son, Jeremy asked if I wanted steak for my birthday. Who am I to say no. There’s a new meat shop that opened near his house. So he got the rib eyes from there. Had them cut to 3/4 inch. Marinated in Dales.
IMG_1442.jpeg
did them on his Weber Jumbo Joe. Had cheesy scalloped potatoe and bacon wrapped asparagus with them. He did a parmesan mushroom sauce for the steaks also.
IMG_1443.jpeg
And of course the close up cut pic
IMG_1444.jpeg
The steaks had a great flavor and the sauce and sides were excellent. Needless to say Pops was fat and sleepy after that. Was great hanging with family and seeing the g’babies.

Jim

Now that's a heck of a way to celebrate a birthday Jim. Looooooooks gooooooood

Point for sure
Crhis

Reactions: JLeonard
Again Happy Birthday Jim

Good looking meal and it all sounds wonderful. And as long as you were allowed to eat at the big table, because it was your birthday.
Made for a good day with good food and family

Running out of room on your cake , just means 2 cakes next time around the sun. lol

Birthday-Cake-Pictures-with-Candles.jpg

David

Thanks folk. Jeremy is a pretty good back yard cook. We are always passing pics and such back and forth. tried to get him on here. Maybe one day.

Jim

Wow Jim, that's a pile of steaks buddy. you inviting half the neighborhood over for your birthday dinner? Delicious looking plate though. Love the sauce on the steak. that looks divine.
Running out of room on your cake , just means 2 cakes next time around the sun. lol
Yep, not enough candles David. Gonna need that second cake, unless each of those candles signifies 2 years instead of one year :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Now that is the perfect meal for me to go elbows up on. Outstanding meal and certainly fit for a birthday. 53 trips around the sun for me, I’m forever chasing you bud.

Reactions: JLeonard
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky