Birthday Beef Tenderloin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Co4ch D4ve

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Nov 30, 2017
Cincinnati, Ohio
My son turned 19 yesterday and he requested Beef Tenderloin for his meal. So it was off to Costco and then fired up the smoker.

Seasoned with some blackening spices and onto the offset (the small end was removed and used by the cook to, uh... check for doneness, yah, that’s my story)
D2643B29-1D3F-433F-97CE-871BB3EC9FA5.jpeg

Ran it at about 250° until it hit 120°.

Moved it over the coals for a little sear and more temperature and it was time to eat... Medium Rare is my favorite!
59D01C68-C451-4F5F-A76F-F8A6D24C3A3A.jpeg

Thanks for looking and happy Smoking!
Dave

Blackened Tenderloin! Oh my. Your son has a pretty good Dad, Coach. So nice of the cook to "sample" the meat to "make sure" the meal is perfect. Beans and corn round it out perfectly. Potatoes and buttered bread are extras. Good layout!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky