Birdies for the Birthday Boy

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chilerelleno

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
It's my Father-n-Law's birthday and I'm smoking/grilling for 16-18 people.
He wanted smoked/grilled chicken and my Mother-n-Law wanted to make sure there was more than enough, so she bought six 2lb+ birds.
Six birds fit very nicely and neatly into the RT1250 three per rack.
Eight 2lb birds would be do'able.
Anyways, all I'm doing is the chicken, the ladies have everything else in hand.
They put out a huge lunch spread of chicken salad on croissants, veggie trays, chips, dips, cookies, treats and more.
And honestly I've stayed out of their hair and way in the kitchen and can't tell ya what is being served with the chicken.

As for the yard birds, they got spatchcocked, sprayed with EVOO and then well covered with my Chile's Chicken Rub.
They're getting smoke at 225° for 1.5 hours and then the temp goes to 375° to finish at 165° IT in the breasts.

It's time to turn up the heat!
ieDyerrh.jpg

wXxL5Yhh.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome job on the cake. I’m sure the chicken/food was great but that tribute is priceless.

WOW!! Birthday party at Casa Relleno!! What a fantastic event and kudos to you for making it happen. Please thank him for his service on this dedicated holiday in his honor.

Robert

Awesome cook! And someone did an awesome job on the cake !

Ryan

Now that’s a bee bird for a great birthday celebration that cake & boat is cool!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky