Big poppa drum smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

WREIS

Original poster
Jan 12, 2021
Did a brisket the other day. Had a big grease fire in the drum. Would a diffuser or water bowl help. Any suggestions would be great

My opinion would be to use a water pan under your meat to catch the grease you can cook directly over the pan then move it to the side and cook a little to get a little of the sear. Diffusers will work also but you have to cook hot enough to let the jucie evaporate when it hits the plate. I would try it both ways on something with a shorter cook and see how it works out.

I use a diffuser and NEVER had a grease fire in my UDS. I have some bigger holes and smaller holes. Maybe thats why? I dont know.

Reactions: Ranch House
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky