Big Ole Beef Ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

werndog

Original poster
Dec 21, 2010
Had a hankerin' for some beef ribs so I cranked up the Smoke Vault.  Just got them at the supermarket so not the meatiest but not too bad.

8365e5ff_IMG_0124.jpg

Rubbed them up the night before...

b059e1c2_IMG_0126.jpg

Threw them on the smoker at 225..

e6d62b9b_IMG_0130.jpg

Using my Maverick.  I didn't use the meat probe, instead just left it on the outside.  Pretty cold for San Antonio.

ff7358c0_IMG_0129.jpg

Went for 7 1/2 hours before they were pulling away from the bone.

1038fbfd_IMG_0132.jpg

4aeb1a44_IMG_0133.jpg

Had to throw on a link of sausage too.  I basically ate until I almost puked.  Awesome.

Last edited:
Hey, there's actually some meat on those bones!  Any we get here have holes between the bones.  Nice smoker too.
biggrin.gif

Hey, there's actually some meat on those bones!  Any we get here have holes between the bones.  Nice smoker too.
biggrin.gif
Same here.. They have tha audacity to try and sell them for 2.99 a lb ta boot! Not worth cookin.

These on the other hand look fantastic.. Good job

icon_cool.gif

Now I hve some of them in my freezer too. Yours look awesome and I bet that they tasted really good too. But I'm liking those real Dino Bones.

Those are some great looking Beef Ribs... Nothing like the ones we get here...

Nice dino bones!!  i've only done em once. round here we can pretty much find them in all our butchers i guess i should count my blessings!!!

Great looking Beef Ribs---My favorite!!!

Then you gotta add nice looking sausage too???

Awesome Vittles!

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky