1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Big batch of jerky!

Discussion in 'Making Jerky' started by Stick-man, Nov 23, 2018.

1. Stick-man

Stick-man Newbie

Good morning, I hope all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!

Since I have a couple days off I figured i would make a big batch of jerky. Tuesday after work I picked up 100+ lbs of black angus eye of round. Wednesday after work I started trimming then slicing it. I ended up with approx 10 lbs of scraps, to be cooked other ways, 75 lbs of jerky meat, and 15 lbs of waste. Thursday morning I made the marinades, and put in the meat. This time I only made two flavors, Rig Hand and Alton Brown. I was going to also do Pure Maple Syrup, but the restaurant supply was out of the syrup, and retail is way too expensive. This morning I am going to start to dehydrate all of one flavor.

I did get a new slicer, because my old little one died. I got very lucky and ran into an older Berkel, in like new condition. What a difference a pro slicer makes!!! Taking my time, I trimmed and sliced all the meat in 2.5 hours. And that was really in no hurry.

Can't wait to taste it!!!

2. Holly2015

Holly2015 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

I get worn out after trimming and slicing 2 eye of rounds for jerky.

What drying setup are you using?

3. SmokinAl

SmokinAl SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

This looks like it's gonna be a good one!
    Al