Big batch of jerky!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Stick-man

Original poster
Jul 16, 2018
Good morning, I hope all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!

Since I have a couple days off I figured i would make a big batch of jerky. Tuesday after work I picked up 100+ lbs of black angus eye of round. Wednesday after work I started trimming then slicing it. I ended up with approx 10 lbs of scraps, to be cooked other ways, 75 lbs of jerky meat, and 15 lbs of waste. Thursday morning I made the marinades, and put in the meat. This time I only made two flavors, Rig Hand and Alton Brown. I was going to also do Pure Maple Syrup, but the restaurant supply was out of the syrup, and retail is way too expensive. This morning I am going to start to dehydrate all of one flavor.

I did get a new slicer, because my old little one died. I got very lucky and ran into an older Berkel, in like new condition. What a difference a pro slicer makes!!! Taking my time, I trimmed and sliced all the meat in 2.5 hours. And that was really in no hurry.

Can't wait to taste it!!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky