Big Bad Belly Bombs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chilerelleno

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
I had a hankering, an urge for bacon cheeseburgers, and that itch demanded scratching!
Went to the store and picked up all the fixings, got home and my plan for the traditional burger took a left turn.
I was holding a cold can of Mt. Dew and it struck me, I must construct some Beer Can... Errr... Dew Can Burgers.

Now me being who I am I decided that these were going to be some seriously big bad belly bombs, with some big heat to them.
I had just the ingredient to make any chilehead happy, some freshly pickled Jamaican Scotch Bonnet chiles.
Threw in a freshly roasted Poblano chile and plenty of Cayenne pepper for some added flavor.

Big Bad Belly Bombs

Two 1lb hunks of ground Chuck 80:20 (mine were 1-1/4lb)
1/2C minced JSB chiles, red onion, bell pepper, and garlic
1lb Bacon, precooked for stuffing and raw for wrapping
4T Bacon grease
1 Roasted and skinned Pablano chile
1 Sliced Tomato
1C Three Cheese blend
Salt and Cayenne pepper to taste

Setup smoker for 275°-300° with whatever wood ya like, I used Hickory

Take one hunk of Chuck and form a big'ol round patty about 1" thick
Insert Dew can and form a pocket, push the chuck high up against the can about half way
Spice with salt and cayenne, fill with 1/4C minced veggies, add 2T bacon grease
Break precooked bacon into 1" pieces and place around the filling like a fence
Wrap raw bacon around the burger and toothpick in place

Smoke on a tight weave rack, e.g. jerky rack for about 1.5hrs
Pull and top with cheese and whatever else sounds good
I did one with just cheese and the other with a thick tomato slice, strips of Pablano chile and cheese
Crank up the heat (300°+) and finish for another 45-60 minutes
Let cool and they can be sliced for presentation
Slices can be put on a bun for traditional burgers, or just plate and chow down

3lmXjUkh.jpg

aVf2oQ7h.jpg

OYtjRXth.jpg

3uo1iQFh.jpg

xnXSR1Ph.jpg

NiAlqQuh.jpg

Me3zuDDh.jpg

Last edited:
They look fantastic. Knife and fork meal. Lol
Thanks Adam, yep these could warrant some serious weaponry.
Those look REAL good, Chile. But as I was admiring them, my stomach reached up and got a good grip on my throat--wasn't even gonna let me think about eating those Scotch Bonnets. LOL
Gary
Appreciate that Gary.
Don't let them JSBs scare ya, these are actually kind'a on the mild side for JSBs.
But man are they nice and fruity, huge citrus taste.
And remember, chiles with higher levels of capsaicin actually lower cholesterol.

Last edited:
Looks incredible Chile! I gotta find me a source for some peppers. Habanero is about as exotic as the grocers get around here. Perhaps the Mexican market.

Mike

very nice and what time is lunch ??? points to you and coach Sabin may need a few of them bombs right now ....

Bombs away,great looking burgers and I’m sure they were great with a cold dew!

That is some beautiful smoked bombs. Love that idea and now am going to have to try them...... Point!!

Thanks Adam, yep these could warrant some serious weaponry.
Appreciate that Gary.
Don't let them JSBs scare ya, these are actually kind'a on the mild side for JSBs.
But man are they nice and fruity, huge citrus taste.
And remember, chiles with higher levels of capsaicin actually lower cholesterol.
Oh, I don’t know, Chili! I grew some bonnets once and there’s a fine line between Tasty and OMG!
Love those burgers, though...

Point!

Congrats on the carousel Chile! I almost mentioned that it was carousel material in my earlier post...
I'm with Adam and smokey on the bonnets.My parents grew about 30 plants years ago for making natural insect deterrent when they owned a nursery.I plucked a pepper off one plant and nipped a tiny little piece off and it wasn't bad.I plucked another off same plant,did same little nip and started hyperventilating!

Bill

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky