BI Pork Shoulder Roast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Either one works.. I like the bone in because it acts as a thermometer ( Bone slides out, it's done ).. Also the boneless i've smoked tend to not hold their shape .(You can tie the roast up to prevent that ).

Either one works.. I like the bone in because it acts as a thermometer ( Bone slides out, it's done ).. Also the boneless i've smoked tend to not hold their shape .(You can tie the roast up to prevent that ).

Thanks Jax. The roast are on sale for $1.49/Lb.

I do them both. With boneless you end up cutting off some small hanging pieces and tying it up to get even cool temps. Kroger has bone in this week for $0.99

Burly, please keep us posted on your roast, pictures would be great also.
Our local market also have bone in butts for $.99per pound this week as well, they run butts at that price quite often.

Hopefully this isn't a dead thread.

I've laid out my BI Pork Shoulder Butt. Probably going to take a few days to thaw.

After reading several threads I'm going to try a pull on it. If I have any trouble with it I'll go to 150°F and slice.

I'll try real hard to remember to take pics.

Last edited:
I was considering a pull on it at around 205-210. If time becomes a problem then I will slice. I'll see how long it takes to get to 150 in this cold weather. If it takes 10-11 hours I'll pull it out of the smoker and slice.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky