BEWARE!! Watch out for Spammers sending you PMs!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

seenred

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 9, 2009
N.E. Oklahoma
Howdy SMF Friends!

Just wanted to post this so y'all know. Some Troll spammer posing as a member just sent me a PM asking me to check out a link. The link jumped to a site you wouldn't want your kids to see! I've flagged this for the mods, but the so-called members username is Jaredbip...just joined yesterday, has made no posts, and is obviously just a spammer. I'm not very knowledgeable about such things, but I always worry about these kinds of links infecting my computer with a virus of some kind.

I'm sure I'm not the only member targeted by this guy/gal...just a heads up SMF Brothers and Sisters!

Red

thanks for the warning, I don't know much about computers but I don't understand what people get out of doing this type of crap.

Reactions: seenred
thanks for the warning, I don't know much about computers but I don't understand what people get out of doing this type of crap.

Thanks Jim! Yeah I'm with ya...I don't know what the point is of it, unless there is some kind of monetary incentive for the spammer by generating clicks...

Red

Thanks Red. Much appreciated. Computer spam is a nuisance and ranks right up there with phishing. While I have used a Mac for many years and never worried about bad stuff happening, I started using Malwarebytes this year just as a precaution.
On another note, I like the other kind of spam, fried up crisp!

I got 2 of them... I didn't open them... I tried to check out his profile page but...... evidently Adam had already deleted him...
GREAT JOB Adam...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky