• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Best Spice Grinder

357mag

Smoke Blower
Joined Jun 21, 2010
I am really getting into this smoker cooking thing and have been making my own rub since my second brisket cook. Now I would like to go one step further and grind my own whole spices for my rubs. I have done a search on "grinders" in this forum and have found very little information on spice grinders.

Can anyone tell what they use for a spice grinder?

tjohnson

Smoking Guru
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Insider
Joined Dec 29, 2009
I use a cheap electric coffee grinder. 

Think it was $7

Todd

scarbelly

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 26, 2009
I also use a coffee grinder. Once you start using it for spices make sure you dedicate it to only spices. It will not be good for coffee after that.

biaviian

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined May 26, 2010
[quote name="Scarbelly" url="/forum/thread/104876/best-spice-grinder#post_612612"]
I also use a coffee grinder. Once you start using it for spices make sure you dedicate it to only spices. It will not be good for coffee after that.
[/quote]

I accidentally let my brother use my spice coffee grinder. He wasn't too happy about the mixup.

venture

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 1, 2008
Coffee grinder.  Wipe it with a damp cloth and run a few grains of rice to clean it.  Who grinds coffee since the 70's anyway?  LOL

Good luck and good smoking!

dnovotny

Smoke Blower
Joined Nov 21, 2005
same here nothing works better than a coffee grinder,, and its cheaper  than anything else along  with a good

stuffer, meat grinder, seal vac, smoker, meat processor, remote thermometer, mmmm!!!!!, what other

toy does good smoker or bbq guy has !!!!  lol...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.