Best online shops for meat

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SCBBQ

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Apr 2, 2021
I've used these guys last month..... finding good fresh fatback seems to be the hardest procurement so far into this hobby..

What other websites have you had success with?

I use a local butcher shop for my salami backfat. It is a farm to table operation and they have pastured heritage breed pork. I've become friends with the owner...he has taken an interest in my salumi and salami endeavors and has started saving back fat for me when I call ahead. He will also save skins and livers for me too. See if you can find a farm to table operation in SC. and drive over to speak with the owners...

Reactions: TNJAKE
Ha- I’ll be in Baton Rouge and lake Charles this week so maybe I’ll fly some back from there !

Local butchers here don't/won't sell it. I can get small amounts here and there but I've yet to find a regular source. I can't even find it on your link SCBBQ. I often just go to a restaurant store and buy Boston Butts with serious fat on them. That's often my easiest source.

Here’s another good place I’ve heard -

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky