best beer for BBQ

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
While Watching the smoker anything will do Bud Light, Coors, what ever I have on hand. With my BBQ I like Hoegaarden with just about anything. It is a Belgium white beer that is very smooth. I can only find it at specialty beer shops here but it is worth the hunt for me.

Schlitz and Negro Modelo ..... ice cold only on a HOT day!    Fortunately its over 100degrees almost every day where I live....

PDT_Armataz_01_02.gif

Michelob Amber Bock

Paulaner Munich Lager

Miller High Life

or if I'm low on cash, good ole' Natty light

Btw - earlier in this post someone mentioned putting up a survey for votes.. did that ever happen?

Here is Richmond VA. We have a micro brew by the name of Legends.  They make several different batches but all seem to be good.  I enjoy there beer with my meal but like most on this forum when cooking I have a staple and that is Corona Light because I can drink them all day and not be hurting in the morning.

http://www.legendbrewing.com/

Sam Adams Black Lager is great, been drinking that this week.

Also got a 4 pack of Sam Adams Imperial White, which is also a great one but at 10% and $10 for a 4 pack dont think I'll be drinking too many of them.

The Wifey went to the big city this weekend and brought me back a sampler from Goose Island out of Chicago.  I have to say that the Summertime Kolsch and Honker's Ale were both excellent!  Give em a try if you get a chance.

Empyrian Brewing out of Lincoln NE makes  a Honey Gold that is mighty tasty also!

Love me some Dogfish Head 90 and 120 minute. Damn good beer. 

This weekend I have two goodies... 400 Pound Monkey, which is an English IPA by Left Hand Brewing, and Holy Mackerel Special Golden Ale, which is 8.5%, and very tasty. 

I admit I love some Miller Lt when I'm having more than one or two, like when sittin' with the smoker.  Otherwise, I have a new fav, it's a local beer by Lonerider Brewery called Shotgun Betty....it's a Hefe and DELISH!! 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky