best beer for BBQ

Discussion in 'Beer & Ale' started by twistertail, Oct 2, 2007.

1. twistertail

twistertail Smoking Fanatic

Anyone who likes amber ales needs to try Railbender from Erie Brewing Company. I had some last week and this week I got some Smithwicks which I have always liked well after drinking the Railbender the Smithwicks taste like a light beer.

2. bbqgoddess

bbqgoddess Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Stella Artolis ...unless I am in Houston, then St. Arnolds Elissa IPA yum...

3. jfoust

jfoust Smoke Blower

I was going to say Stella as well. It's also the perfect beer to go with hot wings too! Like it was mentioned back at the beginning of this thread, if I know I'm going to do some serious eating, it's Miller Lite or something cheap, because I'll be downing a ton of it!

4. bbqgoddess

bbqgoddess Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

I Have to ditto that!

5. Prefer cold and/or free

6. Stella is great as is Elissa...this time of year the St. Arnolds Summer Pils is great.

7. mdsmith

mdsmith Newbie

If it's summertime it's Smuttynose IPA or Dogfish Head(60 min, 90 min or shelter pale ale). Winter it would be Brooklyn Brown Ale or Stone Smoked Porter.

8. payson

payson Meat Mopper

Love Dogfish Head! I've got a bottle of the Fort that I may have to crack into this weekend.

9. I like a Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout. Serves as a good breakfast for those early morning smokes!

10. bondvader

bondvader Smoke Blower

Sorry guys, I think you have it all wrong. FREE. Invite a few friends and have them bring the beer!!

11. jfoust

jfoust Smoke Blower

Ah yes, Sam Smith's Oatmeal Stout is a great breakfast in a bottle! I prefer their Taddy Porter, though.

12. jbchoice1

jbchoice1 Smoking Fanatic

grimbergen blonde. yummy. if not crown and coke, then coors light. I like to try a lot of different things. I'll try anything once.

13. x-factor

x-factor Fire Starter

It's all about the Leinenkugel Sunset Wheat. And if it is a long smoke make sure to have full keg in the kegerator and plenty of friends......oh and don't forget to top it off with a good cigar.

14. jverdin

jverdin Smoke Blower

Jim Beam? I found it works good for me.

15. x-factor

x-factor Fire Starter

Well if we are going into the evening smokes and move on to the liquor. Then it is all about Jack Daniels single barrel.

16. jverdin

jverdin Smoke Blower

17. Fat Tire Amber Ale - (New Belgium Brewing)
    Kiltlifter - (Four Peaks Brewing Co)

[​IMG]

18. phreak

phreak Meat Mopper

Fat Tire - PLEASE NEW BELGIUM BRING THIS BEER TO FLORIDA!!!!

19. 1chaos52

1chaos52 Smoke Blower

Have to agree on both, and luckily both are readily available in my area. I like the nice sharp bite the Smutty IPA has.

I do find both to be a little heavy though at times. My usual is Harpoon IPA.

20. 1chaos52

1chaos52 Smoke Blower

Got a chance to try Kiltlifter last year when I was working out in N Cal. Very fine brew. Also like their Hopsickle Triple. Might be going back out that way soon and looking forward to some of those brews.