Beer can chicken smoking now

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

falco78

Fire Starter
Original poster
Oct 14, 2013
Using a Leinenkugel Summer Shandy as I thought the lemon flavor of it would be great in it and added just a sprinkle of my rub across the outside. Will post pictures of the finished product.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck!! Hope it turns out well. By the way, folks here like info in addition to pictures. What kind of smoker, what kind of wood, step by step on how you prepped the chicken etc.. That way if you run into an issue and seek advice, the info is all there and someone can have a better chance of helping you out. Plus it helps everyone learn from your successes.

Welcome aboard!

Good luck!! Hope it turns out well. By the way, folks here like info in addition to pictures. What kind of smoker, what kind of wood, step by step on how you prepped the chicken etc.. That way if you run into an issue and seek advice, the info is all there and someone can have a better chance of helping you out. Plus it helps everyone learn from your successes.

Welcome aboard!
Will definitely do that moving forward. I use a digital Masterbuilt 30" electric smoker. Chicken prep was beyond simple a quick wash, light spritz of apple juice then a light sprinkling of my homemade rub with a Leienenkugel with a small bit of my rub added boiling away inside of it right now. The girlfriend is loving all the foods she's been eating since I got my new smoker!

Just took a peek at it and it is looking amazing, internal temp is to 141 so just waiting for a 167ish or so to pull it

That bird looks Fantastic!!! Now I just need one of those sausages to go along with it!

That bird looks Fantastic!!! Now I just need one of those sausages to go along with it!
Those were all gone by the time lunch and dinner were over yesterday lol

Definitely good moist meat, I would probably cook it at 265 instead of 250 next time to get it a bit crisper. The girlfriend loved it but I am a huge critic of my own food so adjustments to come.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky