Beer Can Chicken fit for an Attorney General

Discussion in 'Catering & Large Group Gatherings' started by scoochdude, Sep 11, 2011.

1. I had a Republican Luncheon at my restaurant this week.  Our Attorney General was the speaker. Around 125 showed up.  I served Pot Roast, Beer Can Chicken, Fried Catfish, a slew of side dishes, and of course our awesome salad bar.  I do a lot of work for the Republicans.  I'm pretty conservative, but they know I'm a member of the Green Party.  If you have enough green, then I'll throw you a party.

I just got my new cooker, and I can't stop using it. 

Prepped and ready.  That's chicken living the High Life.  No queer beer here.

[​IMG]

Loaded and loaded.

[​IMG]

Isn't that a beautiful piece of equipment?  Its the first piece of equipment I've ever bought new.  I'm the bottom feeder of restaurant equip.  I buy things when everyone else is done with it.  This was custom made for me, and I couldn't be more pleased.

[​IMG]

Ready to come off at 160 degrees.  Some of them look a little drunk and passed out.

[​IMG]

Beerview:

[​IMG]

I could have rubbed them down more, but overall they turned out great.  Any way that I can get alcohol into a bunch of stuffy Republicans, I will.

2. africanmeat

africanmeat Master of the Pit OTBS Member

looks yummy and juicy .

3. Good Morning.  What time is it in Cape Town right now?

4. garyinmd

garyinmd Meat Mopper SMF Premier Member

Look good Dude.  Go to google and type in "current time in Cape Town".  You can find the current time anywhere this way.

5. I was just making conversation. Thanks though.

6. terry colwell

terry colwell Smoking Fanatic

Scoochdude,, What in the world is the avatar pic of. Can't zoom in to see.....

7. roller

roller Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

It looks like 2 GIJoe`s standing over a dead squirel....Nice cooker ...Keep them Rep. paying....

8. michael ark

michael ark Master of the Pit

[​IMG]

9. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

The chicken looks great!

The rig is awesome!

10. Roller is right.  2 GI Joes posing with their fresh kill. 

11. scarbelly

scarbelly Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Looks like it came out great. Nice looking rig

12. sqwib

sqwib Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Awesome Job

13. bluebombersfan

bluebombersfan Master of the Pit OTBS Member

X2

14. Nice cooker dude. Chickens look great. I guess I'd look a little drunk and passed out if I had my head chopped off and a beer can stuck up my butt. [​IMG]

15. gofish

gofish Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

They look grea,t and I love the looks of that cooker!

For what it's worth ... I plug the chicken 'neck hole' with an onion now.  My thought process is to keep the beer steam in the bird cavity. 

16. That's an awesome idea. Next time, I'm plugging the neck hole. Thanks.

17. Whatcha' Sayin'??? That is a great idea. I'm doing that next time, thanks GoFish. Everything looks great Scoochdude, love the rig.

What's the best beer to use? I just slap Bud Lights in cause they're on hand...always...James

18. gofish

gofish Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

I use what ever beers on hand, I always add something to the beer can. 

I take a huge swig of the beer, then remove the entire can top and season the beer with a big tablespoon of rub or cajun seasoning (maybe an onion quarter).  Then 'seal' the neck hole. 

I believe these ideas were stolen from a BBQ show ...

19. michael ark

michael ark Master of the Pit

It don't matter if their stolen. Just that their shared.[​IMG]

20. My new party :)