been playing with some new rubs and wood

Discussion in 'UK Smokers' started by ewanm77, Feb 2, 2015.

1. ewanm77

ewanm77 Smoke Blower

pork shoulder on oak and finished off with some pear

Last edited: Feb 2, 2015
  2. Looking good Ewan.  Do you deliver?  Keep Smokin!

Danny

3. ewanm77

ewanm77 Smoke Blower

Turned out pretty good but did get some funny looks in the petrol station buying charcoal this morning

4. [​IMG]   You will have to develop an accent.  When they hear my voice they just figure: " well, he's just American bless him.  He just doesn't know any better !  You need to practice saying " Ya'll "!  Watch a lot of John Wayne movies, Ya'll will be fine.  Good looking meat.  Keep Smokin!

Danny

5. hehe, I have gotten more odd looks digging through the winter fuels to find that last bag of charcoal at the petrol station....

6. smokin monkey

smokin monkey Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Hi Ewanm, good looking Pork!

Smokin Monkey �

7. jockaneezer

jockaneezer Meat Mopper

I can just imagine Ewan walking into his local petrol station, pauses, pushes the brim of his stetson up with one finger then says " Guess I'll have a bushel of this here charcoal Pilgrim, wuh huh" [​IMG]

8. NOW THAT'S FUNNY!  I'd loan him the hat and pay admission to watch that.  [​IMG]   I guess come to think of it, Ewan may not quite be able to pull that off with a Scottish accent.  [​IMG]   Keep Smokin!

Danny

9. wade

wade Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Now that is what I call a smoke ring [​IMG]. Great looking pork.

I gave up trying to find charcoal in the winter years ago so now I always keep a stock in the Smokery

10. That is a mighty fine looking stack of combustibles you got there - good to see you can get that wide a range here

11. smokewood

smokewood Smoking Fanatic Group Lead

I love pear, it's nice and subtle.  Good work Ewan.

I think it could be time for another thread called "show us your wood" or combustibles !!