Been gone a while - Just wanted to let everyone know what I was up to!

Discussion in 'Messages for All Guests and Members' started by downstatesmoker, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Hi Guys,

It's been a while since I've posted. In the time since I have last been on I have lost my job, started building my Real Estate career full time, had a child (Riley Quinn, now 4 months old) and most recently started a blog.

Unfortunately with everything else going on my time to spend on smoking has been diminished greatly but that doesn't mean that I haven't been cooking, hence why I have started up my new blog.

The last post was a duplicate of one of the smokes here with a shoutout going to this board as well as to SoFlaQuer for his finishing sauce.

If you get a chance to stop by and check it out that would be great otherwise I will be back on this board when I get some more time to play around with my smoker.

Hope everyone is doing well here!

-Chris

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2012
  2. Congrats on the Real Estate gig, birth of the baby, and the blog.

3. Yes congrats on all!!

4. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Good to hear from you Chris!

5. chef jimmyj

chef jimmyj Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member

Wow, Busy guy! Welcome back...JJ

6. Thanx Guys. Hoping to get in at least 3 or 4 good smokes this year and will certainly post when I do.

7. terry colwell

terry colwell Smoking Fanatic

Congrats on the Son,,,, everything fails to compare to the birth of a child....

8. Daughter actually but I understand the confusion. We went with gender neutral names and like stronger names for girls names. :)

9. shoneyboy

shoneyboy Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Unfortunate to hear about the loss of the job, but it seems like you are making lemon aid out of the lemons you were given… I wish the best of luck on the new venture….. and most of all, Congratulation on the Daughter…. Speaking from experience (my daughter is 13), hold on for the ride…having a daughter has changed my life in so many ways I can’t begin to tell you….Hoping the best for you …Shoneyboy

10. tyotrain

tyotrain Master of the Pit

Sounds like you are heading down the right road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have fun and Happy smoking :)

11. bmudd14474

bmudd14474 Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Congrats on the baby Chris. Good luck with the business.

12. mballi3011

mballi3011 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

[​IMG]

Yes congrats on the birth of your boy. Then reall estate going good to. Then a blog to boot you are one busy man.

13. scarbelly

scarbelly Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Hey Chris - glad to see ya back - great news on all the good things happening. Looks like a fun blog