Been a while since I smoked a brisket (with Q-View)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

heubrewer

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jun 9, 2014
Chicago Area
Since I smoked a packer brisket. I think I am going to do my reverse burnt ends again. That is making burnt ends out of the flat and slicing the point.

Out family party is not until Sat at that time I will slice and make the burnt ends on my Weber kettle grill.

Here are the two halves taken out of my MES 30

Smoked using cherry at 250. Did not wrap

Thank

For me adding a bit so brown sugar to the rub seems to help with the bark.

Briskets at the Costco by me are dropping in price

$2.89/lb for USDA Prime full packers!

Looks great,awesome price! Do you like the reverse burnt ends better then the point ones or why do you do it that way? I may have to try all burnt ends sometime.

I guess I never answered why. I like the flavor, tenderness and juiciness of the point. To me it is the best cut of meat bar none.

So I slice the point. The flat is good and there is more of it. So for parties I like to cube the flat and make "burnt ends " out of those. So for me it is the best of both. The wonderful flavor of double smoked burnt ends and the super tender flavorful smoky beefy flavor of the point.

Thanks Al. The party turned out well. Weather was great, an absolutely perfect fall day.

Reverse burnt ends were a hit and the sliced point was spectacular. I think I sold a couple of MES's as well.

Just a little bit of leftovers remain.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky