Beef Tenderloin and a side of Chuck Roast with Q view

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lexscsmoker

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Feb 25, 2009
Lexington, SC
Normally I take pictures of what I plan on smoking but end up deleting them b/c I don't like how they turn out or forget to take the during and after pictures. So.... I am doing it different so I can force myself to actually post something. I've never done beef tenderloin so I'm giving it a go. I found a steak marinade on the certified angus beef website.
1/2 cup Worcestershire
3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
1.5 Tbsp dijon mustard
1/2 Tsp pepper
I mixed it up and poured it over the tenderloin and chuck roast. I was supposed to bring the meat up to room temperature prior to putting it on the RecTeq but I was playing fortnite with my kids and forgot. I was able to marinate for @ 20 minutes. This is a trial and error smoke so we'll see. Hopefully I'll remember to post the rest. **edited to say I don't know why but my phone flipped the pictures upside down.

I started off at 250 deg but at the 1 hour mark I bumped it down to 235 deg b/c the internal temp of the fattest part was at 120 deg. I had a couple hours to go and hadn't started the collards yet. Also at the 1.5 hour mark I wrapped the tenderloin in butchers paper. I pulled the tenderloin off 146 deg internal and let it rest. When I pulled it off it had cooked for just a shade under 3 hours. I had more to cook so by the time we started eating I had let it rest for @ 35 minutes. Way longer than I wanted but that's what happens when I don't plan too good.
I saute'd mushrooms and onions. I cooked collards, baked beans and baked potatoes. My southern kids don't like collards so we had to throw some things in there that they would eat.
When I pulled the tenderloin off I cranked up the chuck roast to 290. I didn't want to but like I said this is what happens when I don't plan and get sidetracked. Anywho here are the after pics complements of the Mrs. I was really tender and good. I will definitely do this again.
I'm not a Sweetwater fan but did see this stout and wanted to try it. Not bad.
All praise and glory to Father God for this great meal.

Attachments

• image3 (1).jpeg
    image3 (1).jpeg
    104.6 KB · Views: 23
  • image2 (2).jpeg
    image2 (2).jpeg
    84.3 KB · Views: 23
  • image0 (3).jpeg
    image0 (3).jpeg
    112 KB · Views: 22
  • image1 (4).jpeg
    image1 (4).jpeg
    107.3 KB · Views: 22
  • image4.jpeg
    image4.jpeg
    62.9 KB · Views: 9
  • image3 (2).jpeg
    image3 (2).jpeg
    84.8 KB · Views: 11
  • image0 (4).jpeg
    image0 (4).jpeg
    84.6 KB · Views: 13
  • image2 (3).jpeg
    image2 (3).jpeg
    110.6 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Looks like you're off to a good start. Can't wait to see the finished products.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky