Beef Suggestions...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Prime rib will be on sale this week all over the place, right now our Publix has it for $6.99 lb.
We always ask for the first 4 bones on the chuck end, and tell them to leave the bones still attached to the roast.
The reason we like the chuck end is that is where the ribeye cap is the thickest & that is the best piece of meet on a cow you can get, IMHO!
Al

I'd snap that up @ $6.99!!
So far our best is $8.99, up to Dec 20.
I'm holding out to see what the following week has in prices.

Bear

I just got Jeff's weekly new letter with the Tri-Tip in it, that is sounding good as well.

I'd snap that up @ $6.99!!
So far our best is $8.99, up to Dec 20.
I'm holding out to see what the following week has in prices.

Bear
I'm going to wait to buy it until the 19th, that is the last day of the sale & they also put out the next weeks sale a day early, so if it drops again, I'll pick one up on the 21st. But if the sale ends on the 19th, then I'll grab one at $6.99.
I already have a 21# whole Angus, boneless, ribeye dry curing in the fridge so I really just want a nice PR for Christmas, cause I'll have plenty of steaks for the rest of the year.
Al

I'm going to wait to buy it until the 19th, that is the last day of the sale & they also put out the next weeks sale a day early, so if it drops again, I'll pick one up on the 21st. But if the sale ends on the 19th, then I'll grab one at $6.99.
I already have a 21# whole Angus, boneless, ribeye dry curing in the fridge so I really just want a nice PR for Christmas, cause I'll have plenty of steaks for the rest of the year.
Al

LOL---That's funny, because that's exactly what I do, ever since a couple years ago, My Son & I took advantage of a sale on Prime Rib @ $5.99, the week before Christmas, and then the following week "Christmas Week" they dropped that sale to $4.99.
My Son got some more @ $4.99, but I was already Tapped Out.

Bear

So i know you usually want to cook beef hotter to seal in the juices.. but for those of you Smoking your loins... what temps you running at? I was thinkin of maybe firing up my grill hot and searing first.. then Putting onto smoker to finish. I have a Camp Chef Pro and it will get hot, close to 400 degrees.

So i know you usually want to cook beef hotter to seal in the juices.. but for those of you Smoking your loins... what temps you running at? I was thinkin of maybe firing up my grill hot and searing first.. then Putting onto smoker to finish. I have a Camp Chef Pro and it will get hot, close to 400 degrees.

Actually I smoke my Prime Ribs at 220° Smoker Temp, and not one drop of Juice leaves the roast throughout the whole Smoke.

Check Here:
https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t...rsary—prime-rib—hickory-smoked-panned.282442/

Bear

Reactions: T2timmy
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky