Beef stick Q...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

raselkirk

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Nov 17, 2014
Port Neches, TX
Hi All,

I've got several recipes for beef stick/summer sausage written for the oven, but no info on doing them in a smoker. I just finished up a 2# log and have it wrapped in cheesecloth until tomorrow's smoke. Can I smoke it wrapped or will the cloth need to be removed first?

The oven directions are to wrap log in aluminum foil, punch holes in bottom, place on a broiler pan with water in base, bake @ 325° for 90 minutes. I'll also be doing beef country ribs and boudain links. Both of those I've done before @ 250°, will this chub be OK at that temp? My pellet tube gives me ~ 4 1/2 hrs of smoke...

TIA!

Russ

For future reference, smoking a chub in cheesecloth works great, came out of the wrap just fine...

Russ

Attachments

• 20210305_162412_resized.jpg
    20210305_162412_resized.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 9
Reactions: olaf
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky