beef short ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

camp_cookie

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Feb 26, 2007
These are cut from the chuck according to the meat cutter. I seasoned with kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper and cooked them indirect on the Webber over a drip pan full of water. I used Royal Oak lump charcoal and threw some Jack Daniels barrel chips (oak) on for smoke. They got ready much faster than I thought they would. I was waiting to start my side dish; so, I'm running behind. I have the ribs in a warm oven waiting on the rest of the family to get home. I hope they don't dry out.

Those are the best looking short ribs I've seen in a real long time. Great Smoke!

For side item, these are Ore Ida hash browns. I wanted the the other kind that they make that cook in a toaster to experiment with for a grilled breakfast, but this style is all that I could find in the store.

I sprinkled some rub on them and put them on a grill topper and away from the coals. Once they were starting to brown, I brushed them with olive oil, sprinkled them with a little more rub, and then put them directly on the grill grate over the coals. I turned them every so often until I felt like they were done enough.

They turned out pretty good, and they tasted really good when dipped in barbecue sauce.

The ribs were pretty good, but I don't think they will be a regular cook for me. Next time I'll smoke them in the BGE.

You did a fine job there SmokeyBear! Those ribs look great I like those little hash brown patties - never tried them on the smoker though, bet they were good.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky