Wagyu beef short ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

philpom

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Feb 16, 2023
Texas
Smoked these on the offset using post oak for about 6 hours in the 250°f range. Nothing but jalapeno pepper salt w/garlic.

Jelly on bones! I also sprayed them a few times with apple cider vinegar.

20231015_162546.jpg

20231015_194206.jpg

20231015_193627.jpg

20231015_193418.jpg

20231015_132537.jpg

Grown locally and purchased at the city farmers market.

Reactions: philpom
Boy oh boy those sure do look good.

Point for sure
Chris

Hell Yeah!
Those look like they'd melt in your mouth.

Those look rich and decadent. Absolutely gorgeous.

Brad

Those look great, and I bet tender.
I love food with a handle, lol :emoji_yum: :emoji_sunglasses:

David

Melt in your mouth for sure! Nice work!!

Thanks guys, yes indeed tender, rich, melty, describes them well. In fact, with the exception to the outer layers the mouth feel was pretty different than typical beef ribs. Really was kinda like cotton candy in the sense that your bite just sort of disappeared in your mouth. Don't make these if you don't like salted beef fat. They are very rich. I personally enjoyed them!

Reactions: JLeonard
Love that bark. And they look nice and juicy.
Did you use jalapeño powder? I've seen it in grocery stores before.
Thank you.

I used Hardcore Carnivore Texas Jalapeno Salt. It contains salt, garlic, onion, and jalapeno powder. Certainly could use plain jalapeno powder and your own blend of salt and spices.

Reactions: JLeonard
Those look delicious! My mouth is watering! I've got a hankerin' to smoke some of these myself. I haven't done it before. I see you set the box temp at 250. Do you test for doneness?

Those look delicious! My mouth is watering! I've got a hankerin' to smoke some of these myself. I haven't done it before. I see you set the box temp at 250. Do you test for doneness?
Thanks!

I probe any large/primal cut for tenderness but probing these for doneness is sorta like probing a jar of mayo so I just left them on until the bark looks good and the internal temp reached (in this case) 196f. These Wagyu beef ribs probed significantly more tender than the pork belly that cooked right next to them and pork belly is pretty darn tender. Left a puddle of rendered fat on my board.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky