beef short ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

camp_cookie

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Feb 26, 2007
These are cut from the chuck according to the meat cutter. I seasoned with kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper and cooked them indirect on the Webber over a drip pan full of water. I used Royal Oak lump charcoal and threw some Jack Daniels barrel chips (oak) on for smoke. They got ready much faster than I thought they would. I was waiting to start my side dish; so, I'm running behind. I have the ribs in a warm oven waiting on the rest of the family to get home. I hope they don't dry out.

Those are the best looking short ribs I've seen in a real long time. Great Smoke!

For side item, these are Ore Ida hash browns. I wanted the the other kind that they make that cook in a toaster to experiment with for a grilled breakfast, but this style is all that I could find in the store.

I sprinkled some rub on them and put them on a grill topper and away from the coals. Once they were starting to brown, I brushed them with olive oil, sprinkled them with a little more rub, and then put them directly on the grill grate over the coals. I turned them every so often until I felt like they were done enough.

They turned out pretty good, and they tasted really good when dipped in barbecue sauce.

The ribs were pretty good, but I don't think they will be a regular cook for me. Next time I'll smoke them in the BGE.

You did a fine job there SmokeyBear! Those ribs look great I like those little hash brown patties - never tried them on the smoker though, bet they were good.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky