Beef Short Ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Newglide

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jun 14, 2021
NC
Had an opportunity to pick up some beef short ribs. Haven't done any before but they have been on my list to do. I'm thinking my standard SPOG and smoke around 250. Not sure how much time to give myself to cook. They are 2lbs a piece.

Attachments

• PXL_20210801_192656021.jpg
    PXL_20210801_192656021.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 50
Reactions: MCQSmoker and SKade
Nice looking ribs. You can do them a bit hotter if you want. 275F would be no problem

SPOG is the way to go. You want to be tasting that beef! Your temp looks right. I haven’t done the ribs individually like that so I can’t help you on time but go until probe tender. Should be just above 200 but definitely go by feel rather than temp. Looks like a nice meal shaping up.

Reactions: jcam222
Thanks all, I am looking forward to cooking them.
My only rib experience is with pork, Should I wrap at a certain point or just let em ride till I get to probe tender 200ish mark?

Reactions: MIJosh
Just let them ride, I don’t wrap them. They have so much fat in them they will be very juicy & flavorful @ 200-205 IT. Good luck, those are some nice looking ribs!
Make sure you take some finish photo’s!
Al

Those will be awesome!!
250° will be fine, and call it quits at about 200° to 205° IT, like has already been said!

Bear

Just let them ride, I don’t wrap them. They have so much fat in them they will be very juicy & flavorful @ 200-205 IT. Good luck, those are some nice looking ribs!
Make sure you take some finish photo’s!
Al
Thanks, I'm looking forward to cooking them. Unfortunately it'll probably be a few weeks out. I'll post some pics when I get there.

Thanks everybody for the input. Can't wait to see how I do with em.

Haven't had time to run the stick burner this summer and Christmas has kept us home for various reasons so I figured today is the day for the ribs. Started this afternoon. Put some SPOG heavy on the pepper on them last night and left in the fridge.

Put em on the smoker around 1

2 hours in and starting to look good.
The smell they are putting out is freaking awesome.
PXL_20211225_160330978.jpg PXL_20211225_181041078.MP.jpg PXL_20211225_195438541.jpg
Will post more when done.

Haven't had time to run the stick burner this summer and Christmas has kept us home for various reasons so I figured today is the day for the ribs. Started this afternoon. Put some SPOG heavy on the pepper on them last night and left in the fridge.

Put em on the smoker around 1

2 hours in and starting to look good.
The smell they are putting out is freaking awesome.
View attachment 520030View attachment 520031View attachment 520032
Will post more when done.
Looking great, congrats

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky