Beef short ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Had the family over today, got up at 7 and fired up the fatboy. Did 4 racks of 4bone Chuck short ribs and one rack of baby backs.

The beef ribs were cooked at 250, for about 6 hours. Baby backs took about 4.5, and we did some turnip greens with home made bacon and a creole tomato salad.

View attachment 447803View attachment 447804
Beef ribs all trimmed and ready. I rubbed them down with worchestichire and black ops brisket rub.
View attachment 447805
My fave for anything beef.
View attachment 447807View attachment 447806
The beef ribs went on at 9am. Plan was to cook uncovered until bark was set, then steam in a foil pan until ready. I did glaze two racks of beef ribs with our favorite, Zea style Thai chili glaze. Then finished off with an herb blend of cilantro, basil and green onion, and some toasted sesame seeds. Lemme tell ya, that glaze was off the chain. Everyone loved the Thai beef ribs!
View attachment 447808View attachment 447809View attachment 447810
Here they are coming along nicely. At around 11, I added the baby backs. Rubbed down with Malcom reeds the rib rub and ultimately would be glazed with blue hog smoky sauce.
View attachment 447811
View attachment 447812
View attachment 447813
The greens were fantastic. Homemade cherry bacon, fresh turnips...you talk about good!!
View attachment 447814
Ribs are just about done...

View attachment 447815
View attachment 447817
Glazed with the Zea Thai chili, herbs and sesame seeds. Smells so good!
View attachment 447816
Baby backs all cut up and ready.

View attachment 447818
Nice little smoke ring.
View attachment 447819
Delicious!!! Thanks for looking and happy Sunday!
Looks amazing! Cant imagine the flavor.

Reactions: 73saint
Dang man I'm late on this one. Good thing I didn't have an invite I would have missed this great meal. Awesome job on those ribs guy.

Warren

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky