• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

beef short (really short ) ribs

eman

Smoking Guru
Staff member
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 3, 2009
Wife came home w/ 6 pkgs of beef short ribs w/ 2 small racks to a pkg. these ribs look like miniture racks of ribs. 8 inchs long 2 inchs tall. Real; pretty racks . anybody got an idea what type of ribs these are and how to go about smokin them???

Want to do these and a turkey breast sunday .

squirrel

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined May 7, 2010
Are they beef short ribs or beef back ribs? Top pic is beef back ribs bottom beef short ribs: I have recipes for both, but will wait to hear which you have!

eman

Smoking Guru
Staff member
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 3, 2009
Looks like the top picture. someone told me they were korean short ribs???

squirrel

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined May 7, 2010
Korean short ribs

In my opinion (and past experience) is this type of rib does best when braised in liquid. I tried smoking them a couple of times and just didn't care for the gamey taste. You might like that though. I cut them into smaller chunks so I can sear them and then cook them low and slow for around 2.5-3 hours on 225F. Add your favorite veggies too (closer to the end though). Since you have so many I would try some low and slow on the smoker, maybe grill some and try the braised method and see which one you like best.

eman

Smoking Guru
Staff member
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 3, 2009
these look just like the back ribs in your first picture. are they smokable?

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying! (But that's how we keep the lights on.)

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks