Beef Ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lemans

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Dec 29, 2013
Jackson New Jersey
So Sam’s club had a 4 pack of beef ribs for $77.00. I didn’t need four so I asked the butcher if I could have one.
Five mins later and $18.00 later I had a 6 lb slab..
Trimmed the fat and when Texas all the way . Salt & Pepper using post oak
Chunks On the BGE at 265 for 6 hrs unwrapped and then butcher paper for two hours at 201 pulled and in the cooler 2 hrs..
9255078F-7ACB-476E-B1B9-6C448D23A688.jpeg
9255078F-7ACB-476E-B1B9-6C448D23A688.jpeg

Attachments

• A506A0AF-12A5-4AAC-A756-7A3B40E0DC30.jpeg
    A506A0AF-12A5-4AAC-A756-7A3B40E0DC30.jpeg
    192.8 KB · Views: 62
Nice piece of work, rib looks juicy and ready to gobble down right thru my monitor. Like, RAY

Those look great. You might be rethinking that you didn't need the 4pk after taking that first bite.

Nice work! I’ve been looking for some of those ribs to do but been striking out, but you nailed that one!

So Sam’s club had a 4 pack of beef ribs for $77.00. I didn’t need four so I asked the butcher if I could have one.
Five mins later and $18.00 later I had a 6 lb slab..
Trimmed the fat and when Texas all the way . Salt & Pepper using post oak
Chunks On the BGE at 265 for 6 hrs unwrapped and then butcher paper for two hours at 201 pulled and in the cooler 2 hrs..View attachment 427099View attachment 427099
Incredible!!!

I can't believe I missed this post. Most excellent looking beef rib! Like!

I love our Sam's Club meat dept. They do anything including cutting the point off the brisket flat and selling the point - only.

If I asked my Sam's Club butcher to do that, they would look at me like I had 2 heads. Lemans, that rib looks awesome and I too wish I lived close to you. I would be at your doorstep begging like a dog.
On the same note,the Super Wal Mart near me has pretty nice dino beef ribs in a package that were reasonabley priced . Prices may vary in your store. I do remember they were meaty.

I want to do more soon. I have one rack in the freezer. I see my local Amish butcher up the price from $3.99 to $4.99 a lbs. by the case.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky