Beef ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kfactor

Fire Starter
Original poster
Aug 9, 2012
sk can
I'm wanting to try some beef ribs for the first time .. Are they as good as pork ribs . Do u do them the same as pork ribs ?

Last edited:
I'm wanting to try some beef ribs for the first time .. Are they as good as pork ribs . Do u do them the same as pork ribs ?

Use the search feature and check out this post I did on BSR's and pork ribs. "3-2-1 2-1-1 Blast off" Beef Short Ribs are great. When you buy them ask for untrimmed.

I would suggest that you buy them from maybe a butcher as I bought some from the Wally world and they didn't have much meat on them.  They looked good but just didn't have much meat. 

Last edited:
I've done huge Dino Ribs (Wally world) and then some Beef Back Ribs and I do them just like pork ribs. If you get some meaty ribs they are awesome.

I just did these 2 racks of Beef Back Ribs a couple days ago in my propane smoker. 275° for 1.5 hrs, foiled for 1 hour with some leftover Au Jus, butter and balsamic vinegar, then sauced and in the smoker for about 30-45 minutes. 

That is the trouble around here. If you find them they are trimmed down so much there is not much left on them. The last ones I cooked I got from Super 1  (a Brookshire's owned store) looked pretty good in the package I bought 6 when I got home and looked closer I could tell they were not going to have much meat. Cooked up nice, tender, good flavor, but just not enough meat. Maybe I will try asking the Butcher to cut me some if not to expensive. We have several places thae keep and run Pork ribs on sale pretty much all the time. I think everybody is brain washed to pork ribs,

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky