Beef Ribs - Rec Tec Bullseye

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Johnny Ray

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jun 22, 2019
Western, KY
Hello All,
This is my first attempt at posting one of my cooks. Cooked these on my Rec Tec Bullseye Pellet Grill. Its one of my favorite cookers. Does a good job of slow cooking as well as grilling.

Rec Tec Bullseye

Temp dialed in to 225 ish

Used a base coat of On Point All Purpose Rub followed by a Light coat of Oakridge Santa Maria rub. Applied a light coat of Tiger Sauce on top of rubs. I have tried all kinds of rubs and rub combinations over the years. I must say this combo has become my go to rub. Works good all everything.

Ribs on at 10:30 am

Two hours in and temps holding steady.

Ribs panned with a touch of apple juice after four hours in the smoke.

Glazed ribs with Texas Pepper Jelly sauce after 1.5 hours in pan. Set sauce for a few minutes and then covered and put the pan in my Cambo for a couple of hours.

Money shot. Nice smoke ring. Tender and juicy.

Served with fresh steamed broccoli and wild rice (used Uncle Ben's recipe Lol).

Cold and windy day but the Rec Tec performed great. Wife and I enjoyed our dinner.

Thanks for looking,
Johnny Ray

Attachments

• Bullseye.jpg
    Bullseye.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 42
  • Temp Gage.jpg
    Temp Gage.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 7
  • On Point_SM.jpg
    On Point_SM.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 3
  • Ribs with TS.jpg
    Ribs with TS.jpg
    207.3 KB · Views: 2
  • Ribs on Bullseye.jpg
    Ribs on Bullseye.jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 4
  • Temp Gage 2.jpg
    Temp Gage 2.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 5
  • Ribs Panned.jpg
    Ribs Panned.jpg
    238.6 KB · Views: 5
  • Ribs Glazed.jpg
    Ribs Glazed.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 3
  • Money Shot.jpg
    Money Shot.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 5
  • Ribs Plated.jpg
    Ribs Plated.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 3
Very nice, they look delicious. I’ve not heard of either of those ribs, will have to check them out.

Very nice, they look delicious. I’ve not heard of either of those ribs, will have to check them out.
Thanks. On Point is a rub developed by the owners of American Outdoor BBQ Located in Warsaw, IN. They also have a sweet heat rub that is good when used with the AP rub.
Not affiliated with them in any way. Just like their product.

Johnny Ray

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky