Beef ribs question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I have never smoked beef that big but when I do smoke beef ribs I go at least 3 hours in smoke the wrap an hour an a half or more info salt and pepper rub and I don't sauce. I would use 275 degrees or hotter for the smoker. Look for bone about inch and a half to 2 inches bare when done. Don't forget to remove the membrane or the will be tough. Post pics when you're done!

Happy Smoking,

phatbac (Aaron)

I don't see why they would be any different than some smaller ribs.

3-2-1 works well on beef ribs.

Al

First off, I'm really jealous of that rack!  Hard to find them like that anymore...

The answers above have you covered.  The only thing I would add is to season them like you would season a good ribeye!

I just smoked a slab of 4 very large beef ribs last weekend on my Smoke-it Electric. These were huge, bones 21/4 to 21/2 wide and meat at least 3 inches on the thick end.  Filled a16x16 rack with about 2 inches side room all around.

I smoked at 225 like I do most everything, and started out with the typical 3-2-1 method with a temp probe.  It wound up being more like 3-2-21/2 to get to 195' IT and start feeling like butter with a poker.  Foiled and let rest about an hour before eating.

They were great.  One rib was a meal for both us.  I deboned and trimmed the others and have them in the freezer to pull out when desired.

Crankybuzzard- I had the butcher leave them whole when we took our cow to be processed. That's the only way to get them whole like that unless you're buddies with a butcher.

Thanks everyone for the tips. I will be sure to post follow-up pics.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky