Beef ribs: 3-2-1 style

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

zilla

Original poster
Jul 31, 2007
Iowa
I had so much spare time today, that I decided to smoke some ribs with the 3-2-1 method. I gotta tell ya, the other 4 guys that ate them with me today said they were, by far, the best ribs they've ever had.

Thanks Debi, that was one of the best cooking tips I've ever received. Mucho props.

Here's some pics.

Hey Zilla great looking ribs. Nice photography too.

PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

What camera are you using?? Photos are fantastic. (I think i said that earlier.)

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

Did you feel the ribs needed a full 3-2-1 ? Guess it depends on what you like for doneness. They look great, but I found I like to back off on mine and can pull them as early as 3 1/2 to 4 hours. Beef is much more forgiving than pork.

I have been doing beef ribs for the neighbor guy, 3-5hrs at 225 , i noticed some racks thake lots longer than others. i mainly go by looks and fork them. but your freinds will be your best critic.
Keep up the good Q

Zilla, another nice post, and the pics! What kinda camera you got?

I'm also doing ribs today, beef back ribs and did some short ribs yesterday. Beef ribs are easier for me than pork, I assume they are more foregiving.

Keep up the good work Zilla!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
Your on your way to make'n my TURD list in no time!
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif

Beef haven't tried those yet can wait to wrap my lips around somw good beef, are the cooking times like pork or more or less time let me know.
Good luck and Good Smoking
Redbrinkman1955

The few times i have done beef ribs, i went more by feel than time. times really varied from 3-6 hours and they tell me they were nice, i naven't aquired a taste for them yet.

Those are some sweet looking pictures you have a real eye for art bud. They should be on the cover of a magazine

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky