Beef ribs: 3-2-1 style

Discussion in 'Beef' started by zilla, Aug 18, 2007.

1. zilla

zilla Newbie

I had so much spare time today, that I decided to smoke some ribs with the 3-2-1 method. I gotta tell ya, the other 4 guys that ate them with me today said they were, by far, the best ribs they've ever had.

Thanks Debi, that was one of the best cooking tips I've ever received. Mucho props.

Here's some pics.

2. deejaydebi

deejaydebi Smoking Guru

Hey Zilla great looking ribs. Nice photography too.

[​IMG][​IMG]

3. meowey

meowey Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

What camera are you using?? Photos are fantastic. (I think i said that earlier.)

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

4. gypsyseagod

gypsyseagod Master of the Pit OTBS Member

great job & great pics, but tell me.... did ya pour that vodka into that melon ???? [​IMG]

5. blackhawk19

blackhawk19 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

That's what I was thinkin, he spiked the melon[​IMG]

6. Looks good.....I'm gonna have to try some beef ribs next time.

7. smksignals

smksignals Fire Starter

Good looking ribs, but if your smoking those Swisher Sweets, we need to get you up to speed on some good cigars !!!! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

8. flash

flash Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Did you feel the ribs needed a full 3-2-1 ? Guess it depends on what you like for doneness. They look great, but I found I like to back off on mine and can pull them as early as 3 1/2 to 4 hours. Beef is much more forgiving than pork.

9. smokebuzz

smokebuzz Master of the Pit OTBS Member

I have been doing beef ribs for the neighbor guy, 3-5hrs at 225 , i noticed some racks thake lots longer than others. i mainly go by looks and fork them. but your freinds will be your best critic.
    Keep up the good Q

10. bigal

bigal Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Zilla, another nice post, and the pics! What kinda camera you got?

I'm also doing ribs today, beef back ribs and did some short ribs yesterday. Beef ribs are easier for me than pork, I assume they are more foregiving.

Keep up the good work Zilla! [​IMG][​IMG] Your on your way to make'n my TURD list in no time! [​IMG]

11. flash

flash Smoking Guru OTBS Member

He took those photos with a Canon Digital Rebel XTi

12. deejaydebi

deejaydebi Smoking Guru

Great camera!

13. redbrinkman1955

redbrinkman1955 Smoking Fanatic

Beef haven't tried those yet can wait to wrap my lips around somw good beef, are the cooking times like pork or more or less time let me know.
    Good luck and Good Smoking
    Redbrinkman1955

14. smokebuzz

smokebuzz Master of the Pit OTBS Member

The few times i have done beef ribs, i went more by feel than time. times really varied from 3-6 hours and they tell me they were nice, i naven't aquired a taste for them yet.

15. Good looking ribs and pics. way to go!

16. crawdad

crawdad Fire Starter

Those are some sweet looking pictures you have a real eye for art bud. They should be on the cover of a magazine