Beef P@%N

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jlpicard

Fire Starter
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Apr 8, 2017
20191101_104331~2.jpg

Three inches of love! Three hours of slow smoke and five minutes of char coming up!

Five minutes might be a little long...
One thing I do is put my Meater Plus in the meat and take it to about 10 degrees below my desired temp in the smoker then throw it on the grill and take it to temp.. usually only takes a couple of minutes on each side.

Also.. the original title was more appropriate !!! HAHA too bad someone changed it!

Last edited:
Oh Man, they look Awesome! Good luck and Enjoy...JJ

Five minutes might be a little long...
One thing I do is put my Meater Plus in the meat and take it to about 10 degrees below my desired temp in the smoker then throw it on the grill and take it to temp.. usually only takes a couple of minutes on each side.

Also.. the original title was more appropriate !!! HAHA too bad someone changed it!
How do you rate the performance of your meater plus? I have one and really struggle with the range. I need to leave the base station right next to the WSM. The wireless range then only just reaches my kitchen.
I bought a thermopro TP08 and it's much better. I can sit in my living room or upstairs in the home office and the receiver is still in range. The TP08 was a fraction of the cost of the meater plus.

Reactions: 912smoker
How do you rate the performance of your meater plus? I have one and really struggle with the range. I need to leave the base station right next to the WSM. The wireless range then only just reaches my kitchen.
I bought a thermopro TP08 and it's much better. I can sit in my living room or upstairs in the home office and the receiver is still in range. The TP08 was a fraction of the cost of the meater plus.

I know people had range issues with the original Meater, but with the Meater Plus, I leave the block next to the smoker or grill and it connects to my phone and the range is 165 feet I think according to the website.. but I've gone over to the neighbors across the street and haven't had any connectivity issues. I don't think it's more than the 165 feet but it's as far as I need to go when I have the grill or smoker running.

Last edited:
Yikes! Those been done 'et... Just a photo I took of em beforehand never did an after. Not the best example of porterhouse, but at only $3.99 a lb can't complain and they'll cut to my spec. I use it as a wallpaper. I'ma be experimenting with a sous vide steak cook next so I can put an "after" of that. Not gonna grill it though. Sous vide at 135..brown in cast iron...char with torch.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky