Beef ideas

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jaxflsmoker

Original poster
Apr 17, 2016
So, I'm having a cookout in 2 weeks in a public park. I just bought a gas smoker and plan on using it. I've only smoked chicken and a few pork shoulders and they were on a charcoal smoker.

I kinda want to go with beef. What is something I can do that's A) cost effective B) fairly fool proof C) something that won't take 5 hours

I've though of burgers.... maybe beef ribs?

I've thought about a fatties with beef instead of sausage (I read the low fat thread).... but seeing as I've never done it is don't wanna screw up with people depending on me to eat. Also, I work pretty late in the eveningsame, how long is the prep for a newbie?

Beef ribs aren't a slow smoke in my opinion. Cost effective and beef is pretty rare these days,if you can find some Tri tips at a good price they can be a pretty fast smoke. How many people are you cooking for? Maybe some chuckies,once again not always a great price but cook it the day ahead or two pull and reheat with some broth or au jus.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky