Beef Fajitas

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Good looking stuff Steve!! Looks rich, tasty, and comforting. You know I'dd be all over anything even close to Mexican food so those wouldn't stand a chance around me.

Robert

Thanks Bud. The homemade fajita seasoning really made a difference. The stuff from the store is too darn salty.

Reactions: MJB05615
The homemade fajita seasoning really made a difference. The stuff from the store is too darn salty.

No question about it...on both counts. I started making my own spice mixes for fajitas and tacos a couple years ago and have not looked back. The beauty of it is that you can make it your own...whatever flavor profile you want. It's nice too because like you, we aren't huge salt eaters. A little is one thing but the commercial brands seem to use that as their main ingredient and it's just too much.

Robert

After coming home from our vacation. We felt like making fajitas. I made a large batch for left overs.

View attachment 471531

Browned up 3 pounds of sliced sirloin roast in olive oil. Removed and set aside.

View attachment 471532

Add two sliced onions and two sliced green peppers. Cooked until soft. About 5 minutes.

View attachment 471534

Returned meat to pan. And added 1/2 cup water. And homemade Fajita seasoning.

View attachment 471535

Scoop onto warm torts and dig in.
Top shelf!

Nice job! I Love Fajitas. The Veggies just as much as the meat....JJ

Real good looking fajitas Steve.

Point for sure
Chris

After coming home from our vacation. We felt like making fajitas. I made a large batch for left overs.

View attachment 471531

Browned up 3 pounds of sliced sirloin roast in olive oil. Removed and set aside.

View attachment 471532

Add two sliced onions and two sliced green peppers. Cooked until soft. About 5 minutes.

View attachment 471534

Returned meat to pan. And added 1/2 cup water. And homemade Fajita seasoning.

View attachment 471535

Scoop onto warm torts and dig in.
Looks delicious. Would you be willing to share your seasoning recipe?

Looks delicious. Would you be willing to share your seasoning recipe?
Sure! It's just something I found online awhile back.
  • 1 tablespoon
    Chili Powder
  • 2 teaspoons
    Ground Cumin
  • 2 teaspoons
    Smoked Paprika
  • 2 teaspoons
    Garlic Powder
  • 1 teaspoon
    Onion Powder
  • 1 teaspoon
    Granulated Sugar
  • ½ teaspoon
    Black Pepper
  • ½ teaspoon
    Kosher Salt (to taste)
  • ¼ teaspoon
    Cayenne Pepper

Sure! It's just something I found online awhile back.
  • 1 tablespoon
    Chili Powder
  • 2 teaspoons
    Ground Cumin
  • 2 teaspoons
    Smoked Paprika
  • 2 teaspoons
    Garlic Powder
  • 1 teaspoon
    Onion Powder
  • 1 teaspoon
    Granulated Sugar
  • ½ teaspoon
    Black Pepper
  • ½ teaspoon
    Kosher Salt (to taste)
  • ¼ teaspoon
    Cayenne Pepper
Thanks

Reactions: Steve H
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky