Beef Belly Bacon: The Saga Is Complete (Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Its called fate!!!!
I see nested smiley faces. The butter on the toast, yes, but the toast is also the ears on a smiley face formed with the plate where the beef bacon is a furled forehead and the eggs the smiling mouth.
Double fate!

Reactions: civilsmoker
That looks fantastic Robert. I’ve never cured beef belly, I’ll keep an eye out for it though. Might have to make a trip to the restaurant supply.

Can I ask for the recipe for the rubs you have used please?

I know some people keep their recipes a secret, and understand if you rather not.

I am new to making bacon and looking for flavers combinations to use.
Beef bacon looks and sounds amazing and not heard of over here in GB.

OMG that look so delicious!!!

i think ill have to use beef for my next load of bacon and see how it tastes.
I very much appreciate the kind words. Don't know what the availability of beef belly is where you are but you can use brisket flat. Our good friend TNJAKE TNJAKE had used these before and turned out some great stuff.

Robert

Reactions: Pit pixie
That looks fantastic Robert. I’ve never cured beef belly, I’ll keep an eye out for it though. Might have to make a trip to the restaurant supply.
Best of luck sir. I truly hope you can source some. It makes for pretty amazing bacon.

Robert

Can I ask for the recipe for the rubs you have used please?

I know some people keep their recipes a secret, and understand if you rather not.

I am new to making bacon and looking for flavers combinations to use.
Beef bacon looks and sounds amazing and not heard of over here in GB.
This is a tough request to fulfill. I have a LOT of rub and spice mix recipes. most are ones I created and will happily share. A couple are proprietary and can't be shared. The Texas rub I used on one of the slabs belongs to the forum founder / owner Jeff ( TulsaJeff TulsaJeff ) and must be purchased. I got the recipes when I paid for my Lifetime Premier Membership. If you could be a bit more specific where your tastes lie I'll try to dial in some and send them to you. Example: I have a couple of Mexican spice blends I use but if you don't care for Mexican food, there's no reason to send it :emoji_wink: I have some rubs that are geared more toward pork and some toward beef. I have taco seasoning that is to die for, as well as a fajita seasoning. Those are just some examples so again, if you could please give a bit more info, I'll share whatever I have. Also, I'm guessing that "GB" isn't an abbreviation for Green Bay (Wisconsin).

Robert

This is a tough request to fulfill. I have a LOT of rub and spice mix recipes. most are ones I created and will happily share. A couple are proprietary and can't be shared. The Texas rub I used on one of the slabs belongs to the forum founder / owner Jeff ( TulsaJeff TulsaJeff ) and must be purchased. I got the recipes when I paid for my Lifetime Premier Membership. If you could be a bit more specific where your tastes lie I'll try to dial in some and send them to you. Example: I have a couple of Mexican spice blends I use but if you don't care for Mexican food, there's no reason to send it :emoji_wink: I have some rubs that are geared more toward pork and some toward beef. I have taco seasoning that is to die for, as well as a fajita seasoning. Those are just some examples so again, if you could please give a bit more info, I'll share whatever I have. Also, I'm guessing that "GB" isn't an abbreviation for Green Bay (Wisconsin).

Robert
Thank you for responding, understand asking some chef's for their recipes is a tricky one.

I am from England, GB Great Britain.
Hence the long delay in my reply due to time zone.

I love cooking always have I am ne wto smoking as a way to flavor a d cook. I am only just starting on making rubs and mixing spices. So any basic recipes to start would be amazing.

Thank you so much

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky