Beef Belly Bacon: The Saga Is Complete (Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Robert that is a smiley face from heaven right there!!!!!!!

Very nice work!

I seem to recall on your other beef belly thread you had no desire to try making bacon with it and was so disappointed. So glad to see you now did! Looks great and congrats on the ride!

that bacon looks amazing!! very nice description with all your pictures!! nice job and thanks for sharing!
Thanks so much for the kind words. This was a lengthy process but well worth the effort.

Robert

Outstanding, sir!
I wish I could lay my hands on some beef belly.
Thank you Mike. As noted, and mentioned by other members, it can be a tough ordeal finding the bellies but well worth the time if you're able to find them.

Robert

Looks delicious Robert! Planning on getting my beef belly curing sometime this weekend
Thanks Jake. It's some pretty tasty stuff buddy. Can't wait to see how yours comes out but I guarantee you're gonna love it.

Robert

That looks absolutely amazing! I've been waiting for this post and you did not disappoint. Thanks for sharing the detailed steps, I definitely learned something. Added to my BBQ bucket list for sure... Well done Robert
I very much appreciate it Tyler. I've extended multiple offers, none of which have been accepted, but I'll extend another one. I still have a lot of beef bellies. If you wanna give this a shot, send me a PM and we can hook up.

Robert

Reactions: CTXSmokeLover
Oh man Robert you just got home and already doing this! Wow
Thank you Cliff but I actually finished this up early last week. It's just that I had a few posts out there I wanted to run the gamut before posting another one so this waited till we got back from TN.

Robert

Good god Robert! That looks great! I bet you waddled away from that plated!
Thank you Steve!! I did actually waddle...back into the house to eat the other 2 slices of bacon that wouldn't fit on the plate :emoji_laughing:

Robert

• Haha
Reactions: Steve H
Well Robert ,
All I can say is Absolutely Awesome
Now I want a big BLT
Very much appreciate it David. Tracy has a doctor appointment this afternoon so not sure what time she'll be home. Decided it was a good time to make a couple monster BLT's for dinner. I'll be thinking of you buddy :emoji_wink:

Robert

• Sad
Reactions: DRKsmoking
Good grief Robert!
That bacon looks amazing!
Question is could you have just cold smoked it longer, and did you take it to a certain IT, or just looking for the right color?
Thank you Al. This was one of my more enjoyable projects. I suppose I could have cold smoked longer but I like to put a little heat on the bacon to set a really nice bark. I don't shoot for a particular IT, just keep an eye on appearance until it starts to darken up and take on some color. I watch it closely to make sure that the fat does not start to melt and render. That makes for some greasy, slimy bacon when you slice it.

Robert

Awesome Robert glad it worked out so well for you and thanks for a great post.
Thanks so much Warren and I'm glad you enjoyed the post. This one was a long time in coming and it's something different. The post itself is not a super nice presentation, it's just unique.

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky