Beautiful cold day pairs well with cheese!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JCAP

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jun 12, 2019
Allentown, PA
Greetings all,
The cold hit us last night here in PA. So I had the perfect opportunity to fire up the pellet tube and smoke some cheese:

53D48E9E-0B2B-41DC-ABFB-6A090EB74778.jpeg

Into the smoker we go:
63451459-EC13-43B1-AB0C-2BC9DD926212.jpeg

Of course I had to have lunch during the cheese smoke. Smoked Ham and Colby with stone ground Dijon.

4DE62275-6354-4B3B-84EA-E72E90DCE663.jpeg
I decided to use pecan pellets today. Boy am I glad I did. 2 hours later I took them off and they were fantastic. A brief rest and then vacuumed sealed.

886E2BFE-7DDB-468E-8EE5-6816E776B6DE.jpeg
C76B6417-389F-4A49-BC4C-72DDF6D0A145.jpeg

I wonder how long I can make these last!

Good looking cheese!
It is finally cold enough here for cheese & lox.
Got some salmon curing now to smoke on Saturday morning!
Al

The cheese looks really good from here. That parm cheddar is a new one on me. Let us know how it tastes.

Point for sure
Chris

got some good looking cheese there, I doubt it will last long if your like me by the time we eat some give some to family and friends we're out and smoking more.

Many thanks everyone. The pecan was a great choice I think- I usually use apple or cherry but I wanted to try something new and I'm not sure I'll go back! But I guess I really should do a head to head comparison.

The parm cheddar is good- leans more to the cheddar side with more subtle parm notes. But an interesting blend none the less.

I am finding that as much as I love swiss, I'm not the biggest fan of it smoked.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky