Bear’s Pulled Pork Finishing Sauce (AKA Liquid Gold)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nice Post Bear.

I would often save the liquids left over, and make some form of sauce/gravy and use it on rice!
My favourite late night snak, rice and gravy!

Oh Yeah!!
That's good stuff too!!!

Bear

Hello Bear. Good morning from Montana.
Once again your finishing sauce was a huge success!!
I smoked up 21lbs of pulled butt and finished it off with your liquid gold and it was the star of the show!!
This was the third or fourth time I have used your finishing method and it has never let me down.
I appreciate you sharing your recipes and experience with us.
Thanks for making me look good!!!
Russ

Hello Bear. Good morning from Montana.
Once again your finishing sauce was a huge success!!
I smoked up 21lbs of pulled butt and finished it off with your liquid gold and it was the star of the show!!
This was the third or fourth time I have used your finishing method and it has never let me down.
I appreciate you sharing your recipes and experience with us.
Thanks for making me look good!!!
Russ

Thank You Russ!!
Glad you're making good use out of some of my stuff!!

Bear

Looks great Bear! I know it's an old post but was gonna look at your double smoked hams and seen this...don't know how I've missed it so many times.

Thanks
Ryan

Looks great Bear! I know it's an old post but was gonna look at your double smoked hams and seen this...don't know how I've missed it so many times.

Thanks
Ryan

Thank You Ryan!!
And Thanks for bumping it up---
I haven't seen it for awhile, and forgot about it myself.
Good Stuff, Huh??

Bear

Thank You Ryan!!
And Thanks for bumping it up---
I haven't seen it for awhile, and forgot about it myself.
Good Stuff, Huh??

Bear
That's for sure! Know of one guy that took the fat layer off the top and made a sandwich out of it...about gives me the shivers!

Ryan

That's for sure! Know of one guy that took the fat layer off the top and made a sandwich out of it...about gives me the shivers!

Ryan

LOL----I remember a guy in the Army-----
When they made Bacon in the Morning for about 500 guys, in the Mess Hall, they used to line the bottom of a big pan with Toast. Then they'd throw the Dripping Bacon in that Pan to let it drain onto that Toast. So after 600 or 700 slices of Bacon, this guy used to eat that toast!!!
I think eating that Fat Layer off of the top is actually worse!!!

Bear

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Nice write up bear. Been doing the same as you for years only difference is a just put a couple tablespoons of the pork jelly straight into my back bag before freezing.......and like Ryan I will be doing your double smoked ham for Thanksgiving as well!

Reactions: Bearcarver
Bearcarver Bearcarver you confirmed my process!! I do exactly what you do and have been wondering the best way to keep the juices for future use. I was thinking about putting in silicon ice molds for portioning. I really like the idea of putting the juice in the fridge over night to get the fat layer off. I have been using a gravy separator, like your idea better. I typically do my Butts the day before I need them. I think the time over night gives them a little something. Kind of like chili seems better the next day.

Cheers!!

-J

Nice write up bear. Been doing the same as you for years only difference is a just put a couple tablespoons of the pork jelly straight into my back bag before freezing.......and like Ryan I will be doing your double smoked ham for Thanksgiving as well!

Thank You Jake!!
Yup---We keep the juice separate, because if we have more juice than the pulled pork needs, we can use it on other meats too.
Enjoy that Double Smoked Ham, and Stay Safe!!

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky