Bean and Bacon Soup

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinEdge

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 18, 2020
Western Colorado
Here is a great way to use you ends and pieces from making bacon.

Dice up those end pieces to fry to get this party started.
F4304B30-2626-48D8-A83A-D863E06D9316.jpeg

Fry that bacon until it is browned but still soft. Remove to a napkin and use the grease to cook the veggies.
Dice up some Trifecta ( onion, celery, and carrot, with a little garlic)
40010C75-1EFE-495D-B72D-00216137EF7D.jpeg

402AD843-42D4-4A7C-8542-AEDA43F40690.jpeg

When soft add bacon back and I like to splash a little white wine to deglaze the pan
030CAE5A-9B1C-41CD-88A1-C39459235E8E.jpeg

Beans here are navy beans, the small white beans. Cook them how you like, I pressure most of my beans because of my altitude (6400 feet) when they are done, take a potato masher and mash the beans in the pot. Don’t get exercised about it, but break the beans up. This brings out the bean flavor and thickens the juice naturally. And I add a couple tsp of chicken bouillon Here.
7F539D53-4851-41E7-AD7F-1A0433A01C3B.jpeg

Add the veggies and simmer about 20 minutes longer is good too.
E31C8B1F-7B4C-4006-A8C1-9DEC3FE61BDB.jpeg

We love bean with bacon soup, and yours sounds delicious with the added vegetables in it! Thanks for sharing it!

Nice work on a belly warmer. I save all my stumps that get danger close on the slicer for this and also some on purpose bacon ends. Got some nice beef bacon ends I need to do something with. This will probably be where some go

Reactions: SmokinEdge
Delicious! Similar to where my bacon trim goes. Country ham scraps do the trick if I have no bacon scraps, and honestly, the country ham is probably better than my bacon scraps in the beans.

Tasty looking for sure! Hard to beat any soup this time of year...but bacon and beans you can't go wrong with.

Ryan

Great soup! I always loved bean soups and once I started using homemade bacon trim, they’ve just gone to another level. I’ll take a bowl with some nice buttered bread on the side.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky