bbq guru/pitmaster iq question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jnstrom

Fire Starter
Original poster
Feb 7, 2009
Ok I need some advise here.

Im contemplating getting a taeger (sp?) little one. OR the thought of a bbq guru or pitmaster iq for my weber. Right now I have a Old Smokey Mountain (I think that is the name of the cheap gas smoker). I have learned a bunch from cooking on it and thank you for everyone who helped me pick my first smoker.

Over last summer I bought a smokinator for an old weber that I had and love that too.

But the thought of keeping a constant temperature is becoming more and more a hastle here in WA state. My thoughts go to ease of use! Traeger is $399 the Guru is $200 and the iq is $139. Each having their pros and cons. Is there anything else I sould be considering?

Any advise would be wonderful!

icon_cool.gif

I would recommend that you buy a Smoke Vault 24" gasser. That way you still use all the techinues that you do now. I did and it's the best thing that I could have done. I can smoke a feast on one of those things. Just my pennies.

I have a  BBQ Guru and love it. I can honestly say that I do not know how I went so long without getting a temp controller.  I use it on my Stumps smoker and I can maintain any temp I want. I smoked some jerky over the weekend at 150* then smoked a chuckie at 240*. Temps held steady the entire cook.

I've heard the pitmaster iq is very good and I looked at it before I bought the bbq guru. I decided againts the pitmaster because it did not have a food probe. I'm not familiar with the type of smoker you have but for $139, I think the pitmaster is worth the bucks.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky