• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Basic Brisket

Chasdev

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jan 18, 2020
Only way to improve that post would be to advise folks to invest in a "cut proof" glove.
I have severed nerves in my left index finger from trimming a packer.
For under 20 clams much pain and blood loss can be avoided.

DRKsmoking

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 27, 2021
Let me know if you you have any questions.
Thank you I will

That is why this forum is so good . Its nice to know you have a helping hand here when things look or are a little more than I/we though.
Always helpful and informative
And sometimes just that little twist on doing something that I might not have thought of

David

David

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
That’s a fine looking brisket Disco!
Very nicely done!
Al

disco

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 31, 2012
Great info! Thanks for putting in all that work to post, this should be made a sticky!
Har! There are many great posts on briskets on this forum that could all be stickies but thanks for the compliment!

Looks great and very useful info. Market it as Brisket For Dummies like the books. I remember the trepidation before my first one.
I did it as a request for some of my viewers. They were afraid to give it a try. A couple have already done it with good results. We all needed someone to show us how easy it is.

disco

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 31, 2012
Only way to improve that post would be to advise folks to invest in a "cut proof" glove.
I have severed nerves in my left index finger from trimming a packer.
For under 20 clams much pain and blood loss can be avoided.
Sounds like a great suggestion!

Thank you I will

That is why this forum is so good . Its nice to know you have a helping hand here when things look or are a little more than I/we though.
Always helpful and informative
And sometimes just that little twist on doing something that I might not have thought of

David

David
Truth. I was a total failure at smoking until I found this forum. So many people helped me to develop the confidence to spread my wings and try different thing.

That’s a fine looking brisket Disco!
Very nicely done!
Al
Thanks, Al! I do love a brisket!

MJB05615

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined May 12, 2018
Great Brisket, Disco! Very easy steps and it looks delicious. Thanks for sharing.

disco

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 31, 2012
Great Brisket, Disco! Very easy steps and it looks delicious. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks. So often I get hung up in burnt ends, injections, etc that I forget how good a basic brisket is.

hoity toit

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 4, 2011
Looking good there buddy. Not too shabby Eh? nice smoke ring too.

ht

GaryHibbert

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 20, 2013
Great tutorial, Disco!!!
I use pretty much the same method, with great results. I can't fit a whole packer in my MES 30, so I have to separate the point from the flat, and use 2 cooking racks (I put the point above the flat so the flat catches the drippings). But the point always goes for burnt ends--otherwise I'd be trimming all the fat off the slices before I could eat it. That's just Miss Linda and me--we don't eat any fat.
People are always afraid to do their first brisket (I know I sure was), but using your tutorial and method really makes the job pretty simple,
Gary

disco

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 31, 2012
Great tutorial, Disco!!!
I use pretty much the same method, with great results. I can't fit a whole packer in my MES 30, so I have to separate the point from the flat, and use 2 cooking racks (I put the point above the flat so the flat catches the drippings). But the point always goes for burnt ends--otherwise I'd be trimming all the fat off the slices before I could eat it. That's just Miss Linda and me--we don't eat any fat.
People are always afraid to do their first brisket (I know I sure was), but using your tutorial and method really makes the job pretty simple,
Gary
Thanks, Gary. I love burnt ends too but this reminded me how good that fatty point slice is. However, avoiding fat is not a bad thing!

Great step by step. I will definitely follow this when I do another brisket!
Thanks! Let me know how you like it!

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.